The education sector is at the heart of our business. Darwin Group has delivered a wide variety of construction projects for educational establishments, from nurseries up to sixth forms and colleges. No two projects are ever the same, and we take a unique approach to each build to ensure that the end result is fully tailored to your needs.
There are some things that always stay the same on any Darwin Group project. Careful management, intelligent design and an approach that can deliver a finished build in under half the time that traditional construction would take. Using our modern methods of construction, we can deliver inspirational teaching and learning environments, cost effectively, safely, on time and with minimal disruption to staff and pupils on-site.
Every stage of every pupil’s education is important. We recognise that the needs and requirements of children change as they grow into young adults, so a partner that guarantees your new building is perfectly adapted into the particular learning and teaching environment you are looking to create is vital.
When it comes to the project, the building superstructure is built quickly and efficiently in a factory-controlled environment, minimising waste and focusing on quality control. Delivery to site is often done over a weekend or during a half term week and as soon as site possession is taken, our full time DBS cleared site managers will manage everything from vehicle movements to working around your exam timetables and our project managers will conduct official progress meetings at a frequency to suit.
We have an extensive team of experts including architectural technicians, designers, town and country planners, structural engineers, surveyors and specialist construction staff which enable Darwin Group to deliver your new building as a truly turn-key solution. From start to finish this can include as much of the following as you require:
- All building and landscape designs, feasibility studies, 3D visualisations, virtual walkthroughs and presentations
- Planning applications including discharge of planning conditions, building control submission and BREEAM certification if required
- All groundwork including excavation, ground remediation, foundations, drainage, incoming services and car parking/hard surfacing works
- Completion construction of your building, to the signed off plans and project programme, with regular updates on progress and full, rigorous site management
- External hard & soft landscaping including play areas, environmental learning spaces, trim trails, bike racks and external storage facilities
- Final commissioning of all building systems, including training and building operation manuals in hard and electronic format
As specialists in education construction, you can be confident that you have made the right choice when choosing Darwin Group as your design and build partner.