Procurement & Funding
Darwin Group has been awarded places on a number of central and local government frameworks, based upon our extensive experience of delivering high quality, cost effective solutions for public sector projects.
These frameworks allow contracting authorities to streamline their purchasing process. This avoids the need for going through onerous, time-consuming and expensive procurement exercises, whilst still meeting authorities’ obligations under the Public Contract Regulations 2015 and OJEU, and satisfying the need to demonstrate that “value for money” has been achieved.
Many of our clients take advantage of the “direct-award” mechanisms that exist through these frameworks, which allows them to engage with us early on in the project development phase, and offering the following benefits:
- Early engagement – the opportunity of working with one team through all stages of design development, the planning process and the construction phase. This allows for complete continuity and consistency across the project delivery team and drives the client’s ability to effectively align and achieve against all project outputs, including, design, cost and programme.
- Significant reduction in professional fees – Darwin Group’s in-house team of design and construction specialists are able to undertake all pre-construction elements of a project’s development including all elements of design and planning applications. This value-added service to our clients represents a cost-effective alternative to the traditional design process of interfacing lots of disparate disciplines.
- Project predictability – Darwin Group has extensive experience of delivering true design and build projects, and we recognise the importance of complete cost and programme predictability. Clients regularly commission Darwin via a pre-construction services agreement, to develop schemes within strict cost and programme parameters.
We are approved partners for:
- The Crown Commercial Service (CCS) Modular Buildings Framework
- The NHS SBS Modular Buildings Framework
- Kent County Council Principal Contractors Framework
- Staffordshire County Council Contractors Framework
- LGSS Principal Contractors Framework
Darwin Group can offer a range of different funding options to our clients, including:
- Outright purchase
- Short, medium and long-term rental
- Hire purchase
- Operating leases
We have access to a number of different funding sources and are able to extend finance arrangements to clients for projects in excess of £10 million. We also regularly support our clients with bids and applications for central funding, have a detailed understanding of the requirements for such bids and a strong track record of success in securing these funds such as;
- Education – Condition Improvement Fund and the Selective School Expansion Funding
- Health – NHSI Capital Funding
- Residential – Applications to Homes England and the GLA for a range of different funding sources